The welcome message you send to subscribers after they sign up for your mailing list will be the first email they receive from you. The question you have to ask yourself is, “Is it making the right first impression?”
As a network marketer, you know how important a first impression can be. Whether it’s the first time someone walks into your office, the first time someone calls your office, or the first time someone looks up your business online, you work hard to make sure customers walk away thinking positively about your brand.
The same holds true for the emails your business sends. Each time a customer opens an email from you, they are actually having an experience that can impact the way they think of your business. That is why it always surprises me that many businesses pay little attention to their welcome email.
Welcome emails are automated and most email services provide stock content to use and many professionals never give them a second thought. That is a huge problem, especially considering the open rate for welcome emails is much higher than typical email correspondence. That’s a lot of people being served a less than optimal first impression and even worse, that is a lot of people setting low expectations for the emails they are going to respond from you in the future.
There are easy things you can do to ensure that your welcome letter sends the right message.
- Perfect your subject line. Just because welcome emails are automated, doesn’t mean you don’t have to pay attention to your best practices. A welcome email subject line can catch the reader’s attention, thank them for signing up, and give them a reason to respond to your email.
- Let them know what to expect. It is important that what you tell your reader in the welcome emails is consistent with what you promised at the point of sign up. Take the time to revisit what you are offering your readers at the point of sign up.
- Assure that their information is safe. People are protective of their information and for good reason. Letting your customers know right from the start that you plan to protect their email address is a great way to make them feel safe and secure.
- Strength in numbers. Don’t be afraid to showcase your success as an email marketer. Letting readers know just how many people are receiving your newsletter each month is a great way to reaffirm their decision to subscribe to your list.
- Connect to your subscribers at other important touchpoints. If you have done everything up to this point, your readers will be more excited than ever about receiving updated emails. This is a perfect time to grow those relationships beyond the inbox or across all your social networks. This is a win-win for you and your customers. You have the opportunity to turn each new subscriber into a fan or following your customers are given more options for how they want to connect with your brand online.
Personalizing your welcome email won’t only improve the first impression you are able to make with your readers. It will also help set you apart from your competition. While most businesses are sending welcome emails with static and un-engaging messaging, you will be providing an experience that will shape the way customers and potential customers think of your business.
Also, please check out my new training program, the Build Your Downline Fast Academy and let me know what you think. This program can help you transform your network marketing business and learn from my years of experience and success, in which I created over 6million customers.
MY MODULES are also available as INDIVIDUAL E-BOOKS. (Download the e-books here)